22 March, 2008

Untone Quilt

Phew - it's been a little while since I posted. Since my last blog, I've had my misedashi, or maiko debut! Yaaaay! (Imagine me flailing my arms like Kermit the Frog introducing a guest star.) It was a successful evening and I'm very grateful to everyone who attended, especially my onee-san (mentor/big sister) Theodote Carthage, who goes by 'Waka' in the geisha world. I do invite you to have a look at her shop, Cartunno Couture. I was also honoured by the attendance of Xuemei Yiyuan and Gee Nakamura, the oka-sans (manager/mother) of Little Yoshiwara and Satoharu geisha houses. It was so encouraging to see them there! Rock on. \m/ (^v^) \m/
Continuing my love of Japanese sims and fashions, here are some adorable items from Untone Quilt. No, I don't know what inspired the name. Untone Quilt. Awesome.
(My hair, skin and shape are still the same as in my first post. Only real difference there is that my eyes are 'Charmy Gray' from Annerose, because I got tired of the slightly bloodshot look of the BP* freebies.)

First up! The 'madrigale green dress.' This is a soft, flowy, swishy sundress, with a gorgeous layered skirt that flutters sweetly as you walk. It has a very springlike vibe, and I'm wearing the hell out of it. I've teamed it up with Orchid Dreams' 'SaSa Wedge' shoes in Spring Dots pattern, and a peacock feather necklace (on a Jacket layer) that I acquired in a freebies package somewhere, some time. On investigation (I love how the new-style Search feature enables this), I think it can be found in a place called Tableau. Look for a box marked 'Yay freebies (girls).' The little green ribbons in my hair (they're tintable, so I changed their colour to match) came with a 'Pigtail Braids' prim hairstyle bought many moons ago, whose provenance is difficult to establish (the seller didn't enclose an LM), but it MIGHT be from Empyrean Emporium.


Next, the cutest little denim overalls. These come with plain legs, or legs with a schweet embroidered pattern.

Only hitch is, they don't come with any shirt, and the bib of the overall won't cover your nips unless your breasts are very low-slung. Accordingly, I've wriggled into a freebie 'cutsew' top from Bis-Daisy==casual wear. I think the lace edge on the collar is very pretty.

You can also get an overall 'capri' prim set, to roll up the legs! Ideal for paddling.

If you want to be more girly, try the overall dress version, which comes with tights with little Bambis on them. Again, no top included, so you will need to put on an undershirt or shirt for modesty. (The overall bibs come on shirt and jacket layers, to make this easier.)

These are the 'puchidenim' (puchi is a Japanese transliteration of 'petit') shorts, which have cute prim puffs around your legs. I have the flower style - there's also a striped denim style with a blue waistband.

And finally for this post, the 'puchidabopan' trackpants, which can be worn layered with the puchi shorts or on their own!

You could also leave off the ankle puff prims to wear them as leggings. Sporty and versatile. (Although they don't look quite right with these shoes!)
That's just a sample of the Untone Quilt range, so if you like the look of these pieces I warmly recommend that you pop along to the main shop and see what else is in stock.

No comments: