09 March, 2008

A fairy from forest feast

Behold! I am...

...a fairy! A fiery fairy of autumn. Not a 'fae' or a 'faerie,' please note; I always regard those spellings as self-conscious archaisms that annoy me in the same sort of way as Aleister Crowley's affectation of 'magick.' Magic is magic, a fairy's a fairy, and Faerie is the name of a country (you might have heard of it, fairies live there). You don't lose anything worth having by spelling these words normally. I am now going to stop before I go off on a bitchkrieg about how J.K. Rowling doesn't know the difference between an elf and a hobgoblin, and will change the subject by saying, don't you love my skeleton-leaf wings?


Well, I do, so if you don't it doesn't matter :) They're based on apple leaves, as is the whole outfit. It's called 'Pix*ie apple Leaf of autumn,' because the Japanese are somewhat wayward with capitalisation, and you can get it from forest feast. I tend to favour Japanese content creators, not only because I like their style, but because their work is relatively cheap compared with that of American stylists. I'm not sure if the reason is the yen-to-Linden exchange rate, or simply a different perception of what it is reasonable to charge for Second Life items, but it's rather nice! This outfit, for example (which also comes with a shape and eyes that I didn't choose to wear) will only set you back L60. The snow crystal fairy outfit is slightly more expensive, at L100. I hope spring and summer fairies will follow!


The rest of my ensemble:
Skin, eyes and shape: as for first post.
Hairdo: 'Sayuri' in Red from Zero Style. If you wanted to cosplay Hermione Granger in SL, you could do worse than buy Sayuri in light brown.
Shoes: Signature Sandals in brown and gold from Lassitude & Ennui. These are free! They also come in black and white, with your choice of gold or silver buckles, and are a great wardrobe basic.

Edit: I couldn't resist adding the frost fairy outfit to my collection, so here it is, in the rather lovely forest feast garden. There's a lot of foliage for me to freeze.... of course, this will only make the garden more beautiful.

The hairdo is 'Meghan' from ETD, and I changed my Signature Sandals to white with silver buckles.

No comments: