22 March, 2008

A skin bargain which impresses me

I just discovered a lovely little pop-Japanese-influenced shopping sim called Cherry Buttons (I don't know whether that is meant to evoke Apple Bottoms...). I certainly recommend it, and right now I want to particularly big-note a shop therein called GiGi Couture (that link goes to the main shop in Broadmead; the Cherry Buttons outlet is easily found thanks to a teleport-links signboard at the sim's beam-in point). The clothes are gorgeous, with highly realistic textures, and quite reasonably priced (most things are L150 or under). The thing that really got my attention was upstairs - the skins.
You see, outside the store when I first visited was a signboard for a model search, and one of the conditions was that you must be wearing a GiGi Couture skin in your entry shots. 'Rip-off,' I thought, 'this is an attempt to trick us into spending L1k+ on a skin.' I went upstairs and to my joy and surprise found totally good-looking skins for L50 or L25 each. They have palm prints and at least a suggestion of genitals and everything, and really interesting makeup. The reason for their cheapitude is that they're mods of Eloh Eliot's 'another skin,' which you can get for free from Another Shop. Yes, completely free, and they are really lovely skins with pretty makeup, available in dark brown, tan, fair and pale shades. And each one comes with multiple makeup options, and the choice of freckles, and omg they will be another entry all to themselves. Does everyone in the world know about these already? Seems like they should!
But right now, the GiGi Couture skins. In these shots, I'm wearing Charmy Gray eyes from Annerose, okappa hair from *BP, and the Innocence shape mentioned in my first post.

This is the Ganguro Girl skin, for loitering in Shibuya texting on your keitai, crouching in the middle of the street laughing loudly with your mates, trying all the free samples in the 109 department store and picking fights with Kotobuki Ran. The hair is completely and utterly wrong for it (ganguro gals bleach their hair as light as they can get it and then add funky colours like candy pink and baby blue) but I couldn't be bothered to change.

This is 'Dramatic Eye,' which I love for its lashings of smoky eyeshadow and faint freckles. It's a good skin for an early 60s Priscilla Beaulieu kind of look.

This one is sort of equal parts Gothic Lolita and Venice Carnivale, and it's based on the GiGi Couture logo. There is also a symmetrical version, with 'lace' over both eyes in a kind of butterfly shape, which is totally spooky/sexy and you should wear it if you want to score with Batman or Gomez Addams.

And this one is called Marylin, which I think must be a typo for Marilyn, as it's a classic 50s glamorous makeup style. Wear it with a big skirt and pearls. As you can see, with the right haircut it can also pass for flapper style. I shall wear this combination if I ever wish to pass for Catherine Zeta Jones in Chicago.
So those are the delightful and cheap skins of GiGi Couture, and tomorrow, if I get my act together, I'll show you the Another Skin freebs.

No comments: